Barium Carbonate (BaCO3) is an inorganic isotopic trigonal structured compound. Its name shows it is a heavy metal. It is poorly soluble in water and sulphuric acid but soluble in most acids. It is white heavy powder. It occurs in minerals frequently. Its powder is used generally for removing sulfates in the phosphoric acid formulation. Barium Carbonate is the most significant barium compound. It is an extremely reactive alkali metal. In mixing with water, it is used for drilling mud. On heating, this compound decomposes and gives barium oxide. It is also toxic.
It is a white dry powder having several uses. It has become a common ingredient of various industries. It is insoluble in ethanol and alcohol. It is an odourless and colourless compound with no taste. Its vapour pressure is essentially zero. It is a thermally stable chemical compound. At a very high temperature(1300°C), it decomposes and gives carbon dioxide and barium oxide. It serves the oil drilling industry.
We can provide 99% pure barium carbonate for the best industrial experience.
It is formulated by the soda ash method, by treating Barium Sulphide with Sodium Carbonate at 60 to 70°C commercially. Moreover, it can be produced by the treatment of carbon dioxide with a Barium sulphide at 40 to 80°C.
It is used in numerous industrial applications like:-
• It is used in tire adhesion, paints, and coating.
• It is used in detergent alcohols.
• It is used in enamels and marble substitutes as an analytical reagent.
• It is used in the manufacturing of electrodes and optical glasses.
• It is used for clay products and photographic papers.
• Due to its toxic effects, it serves in the creation of rat poison.
• It is used in tile and ferrite industries.
Details of SNDB Chemicals Barium Carbonate can be found below:-