Fertilizers can be defined as materials of natural or synthetic origin that is applied to soil or/and to plant tissues to supply one or more plant nutrients which is imperative to plant growth. These are being used by the farmers as per their needs to increase the yield of crop.
SNDB’s Fertilizer act to replace the nutrients that crops take from the soil. Without the addition of a fertilizer, crop yields per hectare and agricultural output would be significantly reduced. That is why mineral fertilizer is used to supplement the soil’s nutrient levels with minerals that can be quickly absorbed and used by crops.
SNDB India’s Agro chemicals include one or many of the following three elements that are most critical in plant nutrition: nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. The others with lesser importance are the elements sulfur, magnesium, and calcium.
Fertilizer can be classified into the following three categories:-
1. Straight Fertilizer : Straight Fertilizer supply only one single primary plant nutrient, namely Nitrogen, Phosphorous or Potassium to the plant.
2. Complex Fertilizer : Complex Fertilizers supply more than one primary nutrients to the plant. Their composition could be consisting of 2 to 3 such nutrients. These fertilizers are granular in form. Examples of such Fertilizers are Diammonium Phosphate, Nitro phosphates, Ammonium phosphate etc.
3. Mixed Fertilizer : These are mixtures of straight fertilizers. They may contain 2 or 3 primary nutrients. Mixed fertilizers are generally manufactured by manually or mechanically mixing the ingredients thoroughly.
SNDB offers the following types of Fertilizer:-
1. Nitrogenous Fertilizer: (Ammonium Sulphate, Ammonium Chloride, Anhydrous Ammonia, Sodium Nitrate, Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Urea, Copper Nitrate)
2. Phosphatic Fertilizer: (Single Super Phosphate, Triple Super Phosphate)
3. Potassium Fertilizer: (Potassium Sulphate)
4. Calcium, Magnesium and Sulphur Fertilizer: (Magnesium Sulphate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulphate)
5. Micronutrient Fertilizer: (Ferrous Sulphate, Aluminium Sulphate, Manganese Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulphate, Borax, Boric Acid, Sodium Molybdate, Ammonium Molybdate)